I would like to share with you some tips to keep in mind about how to start in the Enlightenment. These are very general ideas but I think they are very important aspects to put into practice.
- Be constant: It is true that you need to have a gift or a certain facility for drawing, but really most of the time success is achieved by working, and if you really want to dedicate yourself to the Enlightenment, you will have to invest many hours. The effort pays off.
Love what you draw: If you want to dedicate yourself professionally to the Enlightenment, sometimes you will have to perform a commission that does not motivate you or that does not make you special illusion, but you must try to put all your heart into it.
- Throw it to life: With this I want to tell you that you are not afraid to teach your work. The good thing about the internet is that it gives us the possibility of opening a gallery to the world and of showing our work, but it is also very important that you go to salons, galleries, etc …, this will allow you to see the face behind.
- Surround yourself with people from the «little world»: Beginning in the Enlightenment requires surrounding ourselves with people who are dedicated to the same thing that we do and who have the same interests. This point is fundamental since it will be nourishing us, it allows us to make contacts and also, to get hold of a portfolio of potential clients.
- Create your own personal projects: Start thinking about a story or a script to create and thus get used to working on a closed project. This will make you focus on something concrete.
- Make yourself a web portfolio: The most important thing for any graphic artist is to have a portfolio that collects a compilation of our best works on a web and send it to galleries, publishers … You can use Behance, Tumblr, or have your own website. You can see my portfolio in the following link.
- Use social networks: Another of the tricks of how to start in the illustration and let us know is to spread our work in social networks, which will allow us to reach more people and to contact professionals in the sector. The more social networks you use, the better, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or upload your work in portals like Pinterest. If you want to see an example of it, you can visit my profile on Instagram.